Definition of ’Generation Gap’ (GP)
1.The differences found between members of different generations. More specifically, a generation gap can be used to describe the differences in actions, beliefs, tastes, etc. between members of younger generations when compared to members of older generations. 2.Differences of opinions, tastes, beliefs, and other social and cultural norms that exist between older and younger age groups. These gaps are often widened by technological advances.
3.Generation gap is nothing but certain psychological and emotional gap between parents or elder people and the younger ones. Bulging generation gap creates misunderstanding and lack of attachment between the parents and children. The success of parenting lies in how effectively they avoid the generation gap or ignore the differences with kids.
1.What is generation gap?
2.In which area do you think GP is the biggest?
a) work b) social life c) politics d) family e) culture
3. What are some key signs that a generation gap is present ?
4. What are most of your disagreement with your children / parents
a) hobbies and interest b) clothing style c) study performance d) money e) responsibility
5) What are the reasons for GP?
a) technology b) education c)lifestyle d)language e) differences in values
6) Can you talk to your children / parents about everything?
7) Which side (elderly / youth ) should make more steps about GP?
8) What solutions can you identify to solve the problem GP?
9) Do you think the GP can be narrowed ? How?
10) What common activities can be done with younger and older people?